Our space is financed by our members who pay a monthly fee. together we finance the rent and services of the space.
At the moment we rent the ACTA space at Louwesweg 1.
- Becoming a part of our diverse and knowledgeable community
- Access to the ACTA space, which is 24/7 - see Keys
- Storage space for members at the ACTA space.
- Access to the machines/tools available in the space
- Ability to hold workshops or similar events and support for that
- Helping support our community to pay for and run the space
- Please note, the space is funded solely from these membership fees.
- Membership Dues are currently 25 EUR per month.
- if you cannot afford to pay this, but would still like to be a member of the community, please approach the board.
Becoming a Member
You need to do the following:
- Fill out a membership form - You can ask a board-member for one or you can download it here File:Techincmembership.pdf File:Techincmembership.odt and pre-fill in some of the information , before your visit to the space.
- Read our Statutes and our House rules
- As part of the membership process, an introduction and explanation about the space and the association will be given by a board-member. This is NON-optional.
- Due to the fact that these introduction tours are a time intensive process, the board has decided these are given on (usually) the second and fourth Wednesday of the month.
- Start time is 20:00. You can just come those dates and hook on, however an email beforehand is greatly appriciated: email@example.com
- After agreeing, both a signature of the new member and a board-member on the membership-form are required. The board-member in question will take responsibility for processing your membership.
- Setup a monthly bank transfer and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference you used to pay - for example 'Membership' followed by your name or nickname. TECHINC DOES NOT DO DIRECT DEBIT .
- Members can request a getting a RFID keyfob to the building and our space. See "Keys" below for the details on that.
Information for new members
If you are (thinking about becoming) a new member, there is information for new members to help you get started.
There's also a dedicated page about the formal organisation of our hackerspace
Members can ask for an RFID-fob ('Fob' for short) to access the building and the space itself. The RFID fob can be obtained from a board member.
Keys do come with some extra requirements:
- The RFID-fob costs 21,50 Euros. You can pay this cash when receiving the FOB or transfer the money to the Techinc account.
- We try to have pre-activated FOBs on hand. This might not always be the case. Please allow a couple of days for activation by our landlord.
- To enter the space, you need to scan your RFID Fob and enter your personal PIN code. To setup the initial pincode (you can change it later at the door), please ask a board member.
- In previous we used to require a copy of your ID as it was required of us by the building-owners in case of break-ins, etc. But this is no longer the case and we do not need any copy of ID.
Dutch bankaccountnumber: 18.104.22.1689 On the name of: Vereniging "Technologia Incognita" IBAN: NL11 ABNA 0514 9783 09 BIC: ABNANL2A Bankname:ABN AMRO Bank N.V.
Please include "membership" or "contribution" in the remarks for your payments, along with your nickname.
We prefer if you set up an automatic regular monthly payment, before the 1st of the month
Stopping your membership
If someone wants to stop being a member, or their membership stops for some other reasons (based on the rules to be determined later, and linked from here), we will be following a Membership_ending_procedure
How We Communicate
We communication through mailing lists; its recommended that you subscribe to our main 'general mailing list' to keep up with news/events. Only important messages should be sent to members@. For discussions about things, please use the 'Discuss mailing list'. You will find that the 'reply to' of the general mailinglist is set to automatically post followups to discuss@. Please take note of this.
Documentation is done on this wiki.
We currently do not have regular member meetings. Our social night, Wednesday evenings, is often used for impromptu member meetings. On most social evenings there's one or more board members in the space.
A few times a year there is a formal all-member meetings where binding decisions can be taken. These are the: "Algemene Leden Vergadering" (ALV). See Organisation#ALV.27s for more information and a list of previous ALVs.
|What you need to know: Organisation • Rules • Membership • Space • Contact • Donations|