Cyber Civil Disobedience
- Legal definitions
- Civil Disobedience
- Public Space
- Technical possibilities
- Activist practices
- Extinction Rebellion
- The ways I can contribute:
- The ways others can take part in my communities
- Virtual/Fun "environment" https://workadventu.re/ -> source: https://github.com/thecodingmachine/workadventure
- Jitsi (for video chat)
- a "festival" in the shape of the REFUGEE CAMP!
- "we are all climate refugees" (in 2030)
- "we" have CAUSED many people to be climate refugees already!
- send emails/letters to your "representative"!
- goal: create pressure on the politicians , by their "constituencies"
- least work for the "participants" (more for organising) : automate it all! (provide 1-5 drafts, like a petition), and provide the email addresses in the drop-down menu
- More work than petition, more impact than a tweet
- achieve _personal_ contact with the politician!
- something like this have helped with the action against ACTA/TTIP
- divest from the climate-destroying pension funds
- persuade royal family / princess-es to join XR ;-)
- "chairman bernie"
- remote-controlled robot to poor water out of the canal into back the sea!
- projecting people's names onto the parliament (if they sign the petition...)
- Online STRIKE!
- "block" access to the fossil-fuel companies networks (office & website!)
- EVERYONE switches their _internet OFF_ for one day!!!
- A day/hour of mourning/grief - switch off the screen/turn all websites BLACK
- "Someone registered http://votefordonaldtrump.com after it expired"
- Telstra routing flub affects hundreds of networks worldwide
- Oil&Gas companies & cyberattacks https://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2013/11/17/7546268.htm
- Pakistan Telecom "hijcaks" YouTube by accident in 2009 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzLPKuAOe50
Notes dump for the GP workshop
open data sources and visualisations and analysis
open data sources
open source tools
How to run a sustainability science research group sustainably? https://doi.org/10.1007/s11625-020-00857-z
SDG workshops 25.9. (mostly in Dutch!) https://www.sdgnederland.nl/sdg-action-day-2020-english/
SOMO: https://www.somo.nl/about-somo/ Centre for Research on Multinational Corporations
+ Jupyter Notebooks are a web-based environment for creating collaborative documents supporting several programming languages, allowing researchers and data scientists to easily collaborate and reproduce experiments using original data sets."
“a new workflow management system, designed for modern infrastructure and powered by the open-source Prefect Core workflow engine. Users organize Tasks into Flows, and Prefect takes care of the rest.”
OWNERSHIP of the Internet http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/08/28/who-owns-the-internet
the extensions the internet has spawned now greatly outweigh the original network: billions of smartphones and other devices, and cloud-computing factories the size of football fields, containing unimaginable quantities of data. http://lsolum.typepad.com/legaltheory/2018/06/pasquale-on-jeffersonian-hamiltonian-visions-of-tech-platforms.html
The political consequences of the internet’s growing centralisation are even more troublesome, if less obvious. https://www.economist.com/special-report/2018/06/30/there-is-no-single-solution-to-making-the-internet-more-decentralised
Open data for timetables and tickets, and passenger rights for multi-modal journeys Anyone wanting to book a flight has a dozen or more flight comparison websites available to them, yet no equivalent – a Skyscanner for rail if you like – currently exists. Trainline.eu
marleen -> greenpeace -> AZART!!!!
* removing plastic from the ocean * attacking oil platforms * oil-cleanup * protecting fish, instead of catching them
An Animated Map Of Global Covid-19 News Coverage With BigQuery + Carto