|Purpose||Infrastructure|I worked on it and changed or replaced the following:
- Replaced the power cable and plug which was in a dire state, with a good and long rubber cable + plug
- Purchased a larger, fine-toothed saw blade for it from Eco-tools. The original blade was too small for the machine and completely blunt.
- Soldered the broken holder of the saw protection lid and bent/adjusted it to sit correctly over the saw blade.
- Took an old vacuum cleaner small brush, cut off the brush hairs, glued it to the back of the saw compartment to act as sawdust suction port for a vacuum cleaner hose
- Cut out and bent to shape a piece of metal grille to act as a protection for the saw blade which was completely unguarded ('finger shredder')
- Mounted it on a piece of wood fitted with mounting holes for the modular bench system we use in the dirtyroom
- Bought a nice green-blue metallic Hammerite paint for it but have not had opportunity to apply it. Bit of work...
- Design a better system to attach the metal grille protection. Now I use a temporary clamp to hold it in place.
All this was later scrapped to make something far better: SawRouterTable