ALV 2012 12 08
|ALV 2012 12 08|
Below is the stated agenda for the
proposed ALV on the 8th December 2012.
This will take place from 15:00 to 16:00.
THE AGENDA HAS BEEN SET.
- What's allowed on the space wiki, ie, project wise (think rubberfuse) - DrWhax
- cameras & recording in the space - webmind
- more structured default monthly membership amount - Aldert.
- Board elections.
The board has the legal responsibility to sign contracts, is NOT financially liable for any matters it acts on with member approval or a mandate from the members but CAN be blamed for misconduct, and do all the official parts to run the hackspace. This is quite a responsibility for all the board members involved. We currently have 5 board members with the following positions.
- Justa - Voorzitter - chairman
- MadEddie - Penningmeester - treasurer
- Stef - Secretaris - Secretary
- Realitygaps - Algemeen bestuurslid - communicatie - General boardmember - communication
- DrWhax - Algemeen Bestuurslid - Communicatie - General boardmember - communication
This board will "step down" and will be candidate again if they want to personally. You can be a candidate too! You can signup to be a candidate here.
Our statutes provide in a number of rules concerning the voting mechanisms. I will re-state a few here:
- The ALV is presided upon by the (current) head of the association or an appointed replacement , or failing those, a person put forward from among the members.
- If a MEMBER is absent, he can have ANOTHER MEMBER (who is, him/herself, allowed to vote) represent him; please find and use File:Absentee.pdf to allow someone else to vote on matters on your behalf. *note* You can ONLY represent ONE absentee at any time, next to yourself.
- The current board is stepping down in it's entirety as detailed on []
- The new board *must* consist of at least 3, at most 7 people.
- The assembly may vote people into the board; not board-positions.
- The board itself, however, must distribute the available tasks across the available people. As such the assembly cannot vote anybody 'into a spot'; though preference/interest may ofcourse be stated by candidates for the board positions.
- The voting normally is done via showing of hands; however, it is custom to do 'closed voting' (aka: paper-voting) when it comes to voting about/on people. This matter is still being investigated by the current board on how to proceed with this as well as how to vote.... however..
- ... given the following restrictions, the voting for the board is likely to proceed as follows:
- You get a paper with the list of available people for the board positions
- You mark a 'yes' or 'no' behind each name
- The papers are returned to the counting commitee
- Any name that has at least 50% of the _available_ votes next to him/her gets voted in the board
- results are presented after a count and recount.
- If we end up with too few board-members, there will be a revote with those who 'didnt get in the first time'; the one with the most votes in there gets the 3rd open position.
- If we end up with too many, we'll ask among those who voted in if there are those who would like to step down. If not, a revote of the entirety will be required.
Remember: with great power comes great responsibility.