Pledges/Zeefdruk clothing reprise
|Specification||T-shirts and hoodies|
We are looking at printing another batch of full-colour t-shirts
- Identical/Similar shirts and/or hoodies as were printed earlier.
- To force price down, we decided to take the plunge and buy 100+ items. This means the wholesale price for a t-shirt should drop to around 14 euros give or take, including BTW. Meaning that the suggested retail price might be 15,-, 17,50 or 20,-, to be determined still.
- A guesstimate suggests that hoodies will now be around 45 euros instead of 50.
- Same shirts and hoodies as before, but can be other fabric or other base color, according to wishes. I'm looking into suitable colors...
- There has been light debate on changing text location to front, but there was no concensus and it drove price up a bit, so no.
- Printed by Morecolor on Veemarkt, Amsterdam
This order was made possible because the following people each privately contributed 100 euros as a loan / sponsorship for this purchase:
This order was made possible because Ultratux, the pledge leader, vowed to double that amount, ie. contribution of a loan of 650 euros.
Phicoh: 1 hoodie, size L, black Ultratux: 1 hoodie, size M, black HAK-IT: 1 hoodie, size L, color grey Epidemik: 1 Hoodie, size L, (black?) AndreasR: 1 Hoodie, size XL (black) (by email) Stef: 1 Hoodie, size XL, grey (by email) Nathan7: 1 Hoodie, size M, black (by IRC, via Ardaxi) Aswin: 1 Hoodie, size 3XL, black (by email) Mattronix: 1 Hoodie, size M, black (wednesday)
Proposed size & color distribution of t-shirts
- Regular S: 0
- Regular M: 6
- Regular L: 24
- Regular XL: 24
- Regular XXL: 18
- Regular XXXL: 6
- Regular 4XL: 3
- Regular 5XL: 5
- Womens S: 2
- Womens M: 3
- Womens L: 3
- Womens XL: 0
- What about kids' sizes...? Do we do those, at all ?
- Maybe a bit more M and possibly S? Or is the majority of hackers fat?
Maybe... But we have ordered some S sizes in first batch: we sold none of them, not even to our thinnest members. I think the fact that hackers prefer loose fit over tight fit also plays a large role in this. I DO hesitate between 6 or 12 M sizes though. Ultratux 02:39, 28 May 2013 (CEST)
Colors: While taking into account colors in current stock, I aim to order four or five colors, all in equal quantities where possible:
- Deep black (same as in previous batch)
- Mouse grey (same as in previous batch)
- Bottle green (same as in previous batch)
Artwork / content suggestions
All of the below ideas were economically unfeasible due to enormous price increases... alas.
Someone suggested putting the text not on the back in large, but small, in front, possibly to the side and down near the bottom...
Maybe we can do a small limited series with a mention of our "Knuffelhacker" stigma...?
For an Ohm themed idea: their logo, plus this text: "Observed 'em. Hacked un1ver5e. Made this t-shirt."
Or very simply: The Ohm logo, and the word: "Volunteer" Or "Attendee" or "Been there"
Or yet: their logo, plus text: "Ohm's Law: voltage divided by current is futile"