Let's build the LED Light District!
The prototype of the screen is working. We can run a cool animation, and we can play snake. We can interface with the screen with a simple protocol, or via an api that is as simple as calling screen.setColor( x, y, [ r, g, b ] ), leaving the threshold to build a lot more games very low.
So let's build this sucker.
The following proposal will realize a 10 x 8 screen. A pixel is .2m by .2m so the width and height of the screen in m is 2m x 1.6m
Any extra money will allow us to realize an even bigger screen.
Pledge leader: Guido
- € 0 Someone's old computer that can act as a server
- € 123.92 ($152.27) Alibaba express order (the indented list below is the cost of the components as listed in dollars on the alibaba site)
- $9.89 Power Supply
- $88.00 LED Module Strip 4 x 20 modules
- $54.38 Shipping
- € 28,10 Conrad order (the indented list below is the cost of the components as listed in conrad)
- € 19.58 Enough Crimp to protect those 640 solder points at 2cm per point x 640 pts = about 13m
- € 8,99 Solder (640 points is a lot, and this is only 100g)
- € 17.95 40m wire
€ 169.97 Total excluding import tax and vat tax deduction
- € 50 Estimate of import tax cost (I really have no idea)
- € 0 VAT (again no idea, but I have a kvk number, and I suppose I can declare this as a promotional activity (: )
€ 220 Total including estimated taxes
Of course all totals include someone donating an old computer
- €70 -- Guido
- €15 -- Hamish
- €15 -- Justaaaaaaargh.
- € 123.92 (Alibaba order) -- Ian
- € 20 -- Axel, I also have an Alibaba account and can order as well, oh and a server shouldn't be a problem.
- € 20 -- Brainsmoke
- E 20 Xxor
Extra money will allow us to build an even bigger screen.