|Participants||Realitygaps, The JinX|
|Skills||Electronics, Not Being on Fire, Soldering, Vaping, Design, Programming|
An open source electronic cigarette. Starting with the battery and basic functionality, hopefully progressing to programmable/flashable ecig. It should be possible to base it on an existing mod, there are many that have been shared online (with instructions on building them).
Step 1 is to produce a basic mod:
- Nice printable box mod on thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:238759
- Update: 06/04/2014 - Have printed the box mod shown above, now waiting for 510 connectors to arrive in the mail.
- Update: 10/04/2014 - Weve hacked an ikea screwdriver into an ecig, docs will follow
Available from http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/60196103/
- Update: 13/04/2014 - The screwdriver mod is documented at https://wiki.techinc.nl/index.php/NIKOTIN_FIXA
- Possibility for expansion and various tweaks
- User hackable/flashable?
- Compatibility with other devices and accessories
Possible Basic Features
- Compatible with 510 and Ego threaded accessories
- Variable Voltage (3.2-5?)
- Voltage control
- On/Off/Vape button
Possible Advanced Features
- LCD Screen?
- Variable Voltage (3-5?)
- Variable Wattage (5-12?)
- Ohm reader (for carto/clearo)
- More control buttons
- MicroSD expansion ?
Later possible features
- USB power out for charging other devices
- Open source atomizer/cartomizer/clearomizer