Kids in Space!
Hacking Workshop for Children
When: 12:00 Noon
Where: (h)ACTA, Louwesweg 1 (across the street from Slotervaart hospital)
Who: you and your children! Open to non-members! Ages 6-16 recommended, younger and older also welcome!
What: basic electronics, making kites, 3D printing, T-shirts hacking...
$$$: entrance & workshops are for free, materials cost small amounts of money, and expected donation for food is 5 Euro per child (pizza, fruit juice, cookies)
How did it go
- It was a wonderful day!
- 27 children took part!
- and 27 grownups!
- We ate 10 pizzas, many bags of cookies and much chips, together with some vegetables and fruit, and chocolate too!
- T-shirts versieren
- Vliegers maken
- Bristlebots maken
- LED throwies
- Speletjes spelen :)
- Solderen! door Mila & Jamie
- T-shirt door Iris
- T-shirt door Alisa
- Haarband door Lara
- Brisltebot by George
- Vlieger by Esther
- Photos kijken
Schedule and activities
|Area||TIME||ACTIVITY||Age group, Number of kids||Who is the instructor|
|All areas||12:00 - 12:30||Introductions, name stickers, choosing activity||ALL kids||all instructors|
|Small table||12:30 - 13:00||LED throwies (with sticky tape)||Up to 6 years ; Group of 4 kids||Instructor: Vesna|
|Electronics table||12:30 - 13:00||Bristle bots (soldering)||6-10 years, Group of 4 kids||Instructor: Arnd|
|3D-printers||12:30 - 13:00||Designing 3D printed "thing"||6-10 years; 2 kids only!||Instructor: ?|
|Big table||12:30 - 13:00||T-shirts hacking||5-12 years ; Group of 4 kids||Instructor: Nana|
|3D-printers||13:00 - 13:30||Designing 3D printed "thing"||6-10 years; 2 kids only!||Instructor: ?|
|(new room?)||12:30 - 13:15||KITE painting/coloring||4-8 years : Group of 4 kids||Chotee|
|Big table||13:30 - 14:00||T-shirts hacking||5-12 years ; Group of 4 kids||Instructor: Nana|
|(new room?)||12:30 - 15:30||KITESkitesKITES||8-16 years||Instructor?|
|Small table||13:30 - 14:00||LED throwies (with sticky tape)||Up to 8 years ; Group of 4 kids||Instructor: Vesna|
|Electronics table||13:30 - 14:30||Bristle bots or other soldering kits (soldering)||6-10 years, Group of 4 kids||Instructor: Arnd (and Charlie)|
|3D-printers||13:30 - 14:00||Designing 3D printed "thing"||6-10 years; 2 kids only!||Instructor: ?|
|BREAK||14:00 - 15:00||FOOD: pizza? cupcakes? waffles?||ALL kids||all instructors|
|3D-printers||13:00 - 15:00||(printing)||(no kids ;-)||Instructor: ?|
- LED throwie: 2 Euro; no soldering required. Any age or skill. Takes about 15 minutes
- Bristle bot: 3 Euro, bring your own toothbrush. Takes about 30 minutes to make. Soldering required: can be done by child if wanted or by attendee.
- Soldering kit: 'rainbow' or 'color circle', 5 euro. For ages 6 and up. Requires soldering; comes with easy-to-follow guide. Takes about 1 hour to put together. Soldering guidance and instruction provided.
- Kite: 3 Euro for a small one, not sure about the big ones
- T-shirt decoratinos : 1 Euro (bring your own T-shirt!)
Who is taking part
- Becha (Alisa 10 years, Charlie 8 years)
- Gijs (8) & broerje (5) & orders
- Etienne (Meta 10, Roald 8)
- MrSeeker (Huijbert 8, George 7)
- AndreasR (Vincent 6, Kaya 4, possibly: David 7)
- Chotee + een kind
- Nana (+ Iris 7, Lara 4) & Thijmen
- & Imme (7) & Abel (1) & Reimond & Rene
- & Esther (7)
- Mariejel (probably bringing two 8 year olds and 1 adult)
- Peter (+ Nicolas, 6) & mom&baby-brother
- Marija ( + 4.5 old daughter)
- Agoston ( +6 old son)
- Shane & Akira (5) & Jude
- Tjerd & Mila (11) & Jamie (8) & Friend (10) & Marion
- (maybe) Olivia (+ FOUR children!)
- BigMac (+ Erin, 15)
Can someone translate ?
Becha - v2 - PDF - -http://becha.home.xs4all.nl/kids-in-space-2.pdf