Kid Solder Kits
|Skills||electronics, education, design|
For the kids-workshop, and other types of solder-workshops, it'd be good to have a set of nice/cheap/simple designs with 'fun uses' available for people to solder.
This page should be a good repository for such designs/ideas.
The designs should take a couple of things in consideration.
- The skill-level of the person putting it together: no small parts.. No SMD unless really needed (ie: if it's an SMD-soldering teaching-kit)
- The fun-level of the design: Kids dont particularly enjoy a 'conceptual' kit that simply shows how to make a flip-flop from transistors
- Cost: the cost should be low to keep the barrier-to-entry low. A €50,- kit wont sell... realistically, €15.- might still work
- Electronic 7-dot dice ( http://www.samenkopen.net/action_products/864189 )
- Rotating lights
- GameGlobe (https://github.com/Peetz0r/GameGlobe)