Industrial sewing machine
|Description||stitches things (fabric, fingers, ...)|
|Super Users||User:Narya, Braam, User:Bigmac|
|Acquisition Details||Brought to the space by Braam and Narya|
Ready to be repaired
There is a new shuttle for the machine.
Piece can be found tin the little drawer under the table.
Oberoid can do it. Repairman known by Bigmac can do it - Hans Volger http://www.hansvolger.nl/ - please call him and make an appointment at techinc, he's been there before. Bigmac will pay for the repair cost of 75 euro.
Ask one of the super users for instructions before use.
If something is broken, do not fix it yourself and contact the owners (they can be reached via Narya).
Last service check was on Wednesday 6 November 2013
Wear (safety) glasses! The machine runs much faster than ordinary sewing machines and is much more powerful. Just think of what could happen when the needle breaks..
How the machine works
Only use thin sewing oil!! (so no wd40 or other stuff) The right type of oil is in the drawer.
- One or two drops of oil on all points. Frequency: every two weeks (Narya will do this)
- One or two drops in the housing of the spool. Frequency: every time you use the machine (should be done by the one who uses it)
- Oil container on the top needs to have sufficient oil (red label should be below the oil surface). Check the level every time you use it.
- Wipe the tray below the machine. Frequency: every time you use it
Flat side of the needle should be on the rear side
How to install the thread
When you start sewing
- First, put needle into the fabric by hand, only after that start sewing. Otherwise, you'll easily break needles or do other damage.