Kinzo 400watt Lathe
|Super Users||justa erwin-c64|
|Acquisition Details||Bought, pledged|
A 400 Watt lathe, designed for turning wood.
It comes with an adjustable tool-rest as well as two different chucks for on the spindle nose. A flat face-plate for turning bowls/balls and a dead-center chuck that is used to turn long losts/beams stuck between it and the tailstock at the rear.
It comes with two black-painted spanners made from press-cut steal, as well as a hex-key to secure certain parts on the lathe.
Speed-adjustment can be performed by adjusting the belt-positions on the pulleys behind the bolt-locked door on the left side of the device. Be sure to unplug the device before attempting this.
The device has a magnet-based safety-switch that will prevent it from spinning up when plugged in when accidentally left switched on.
- WE ASK ANYONE WHO WANTS TO USE THE DEVICE TO MAKE SURE HE/SHE INFORMS THE TOOLGUARDIANS OF THIS DESIRE AND EXPLAIN THAT YOU KNOW HOW TO USE IT OR HOW YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO OPERATE IT SAFELY *
EXTREME caution should be taken when operating the device.
- DO WEAR SAFETY GOGGLES
- DO WEAR SAFETY GLOVES
- DO SECURE ANY LOOSE ITEMS ON YOUR BODY SUCH AS JEWELRY AND CLOTHING
- DO SECURE YOUR HAIR
- DO TAKE CARE TO OPERATE ONLY WHEN SURROUNDING PEOPLE ARE ALSO SECURE
- DO MAKE SURE YOUR WOOD IS SECURE AND CENTERED BEFORE TURNING THE SPINDLE ON
- DO NOT USE ANY OTHER MATERIAL THAN WOOD IN THE LATHE
- DO NOT ABUSE THE TOOLS; KEEP THEM SHARP; DO NOT FORCE THEM!
- DO NOT USE THE TOOLS OUT OF YOUR LOOSE HAND. USE THE TOOLREST
- DO NOT CONTINUE CUTTING IF PEOPLE AROUND YOU ARE NOT PROPERLY PROTECTED
- DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE ROTATIONAL POWER OF A BLOCK OF WOOD
- DO NOT USE THE DEVICE AS A TOY