Dispute Resolution Group
The dispute committee exists to ensure a safe experience at TechInc for all members, to resolve conflicts between members, and to address problematic behaviors of people in the space.
The scope of our work includes issues as simple as two members not agreeing on how the 3D printer should be used, up to and including serious incidents of harassment or other problematic behavior.
We are here to listen and help.
To reach the committee and open a dispute, please write to disputes @ techinc.nl. It is not necessary for you to disclose the complete nature of the dispute in your email if you do not wish to. The committee will respond with further details on the process to make sure you are heard and to get your needs addressed. We will respond within 7 days, and begin the resolution process within 28 days.
If you do not wish to involve the entire committee, for example due to a conflict of interest, you may reach out to any individual committee members to raise your concerns. Committee members are required to recuse themselves from cases where a conflict of interest exists; other members will be appointed to step in and your problem will still be resolved in such cases.
The complete dispute resolution framework was voted on and approved by the association, you may review it here: https://wiki.techinc.nl/index.php/File:DisputeProcedure-v1.0.pdf
Summary of the process
At your option, the dispute may be handled formally or informally. For informal disputes, we will act as a dispassionate third-party and attempt to mediate the conflict between members to reach a mutually agreeable conclusion. Should this not resolve the matter to the affected parties' satisfaction, a formal dispute may be submitted. Regardless of how you choose to proceed, you are safe to express your needs and concerns to us; we will endeavor to act with compassion and confidentiality in mind.
In the case of a formal dispute, we will arrange a meeting with all affected parties and listen to their story. You may bring a friend to support you during this discussion if you wish. We may also request witnesses to provide their own testimonies, and collect other evidence relating to the conflict. No one interviewed by the dispute committee is required to cooperate or provide evidence.
Following the investigation, a report will be prepared and a recommendation submitted to the board. The board will study the report and the recommendations and make the final decision on any required actions within 14 days. If you do not agree with the board's decision, we can help you arrange to appeal the decision at an ALV. This is the last option for resolving a conflict.
If you have any questions about the process or your options for resolving conflicts, please reach out to disputes @ techinc.nl and we will assist you.
|Drew||sir @ cmpwn.com||Elected 2022-11-20|
|Pixie||idilsafi313 @ gmail.com||Elected 2022-11-20|
This group was created at the ALV of January 2014 and re-started at the ALV of May 2018. The official dispute committee procedures may be amended by ALV vote, which can be called for by any member of the space.
- 2023-05-21 Johest steps down
- 2022-11-20 Johest reconfirmed, Sircmpwn and Pixie join the committee after a vote on the ALV.
- 2022-11-20 Becha, Chip didn't put themselves up for re-election.
- 2021-03-13 Johest, Chip joined the Dispute committee after a vote on the ALV. (Temporary)
- 2021-03-13 Becha, WFK reconfirmed as Discpute committee-members
- 2019-10-30 Chotee stepped down as as committee member
- 2018-11-24 Becha joined the Dispute Committee as a third member after a vote on the ALV.
- 2018-05-17 Chotee and WFK are voted into the dispute-committee by the ALV. A new Dispute Committee proposal was approved by the ALV
- 2018-05-17 New Dispute Procedures were voted at the ALV
- 2018-04-18 thomascovenant steps down
- 2018-04-18 webmind steps down
- 2017-09-25 Remaining members sent statement on no longer being functional due to being below required member-minimum
- 2017-09-15 The Jinx steps down
- 2017-09-13 Bigmac steps down
- 2017-03-11 Einstein, The Jinx, Voidz0r and Webmind step down. Bigmac, The JinX, Thomascovenant and Webmind are (re-)elected
- 2015-05-10 Realitygaps steps down because he joins the board.
- 2014-05-09 Elected: Einstein, The JinX, Realitygaps, Voidz0r, Webmind
We use the closed dispute @ techinc.nl mailing list for internal communications.
Upon receipt of a dispute, notify the internal mailing list of as much detail as you see fit. Arranging a meeting among the committee members to discuss the dispute and begin the resolution process is generally the next step.
When the membership of the dispute committee changes, the following tasks should be completed:
- Update the list of members on this page
- Update the admins of the dispute @ techinc.nl mailing list
- Update the email addresses associated with the disputes @ techinc.nl alias
- Arrange a meeting between present and former members, where any open disputes should be handed off to the new committee, and the former members offer what advice they can to the new members