|Skills||Networking, climbing roofs|
The idea is to connect extisting networks and fellow people, groups, communities together by Wifi links over 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz
Considering we are in one of the highest buildings in the area, this gives us options, one of the options is connecting to Wireless leiden via Aalsmeer. This options is being looked into.
Some notes on hardware:
- coax-cable == loss, especially on 5.8ghz, so this is to be avoided.
- 5.8ghz is less noisy as 2.4ghz, 2.4ghz is slightly more available and cheaper
- there is some hardware available in the hands of members, but for certain links(long-hauls) an investment might be worth is.
- profesional (but some of them still open) hardware can be gotten between about 100-200 euros per set.
- you don't want to be the highest point in the area / on the building (lightning risks).