You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: emailconfirmed.
= Project: RIPE Atlas probes at hackerspaces, by BECHA =
I am a Community Builder for RIPE Atlas and member of Technologia Incognita, Amsterdam Hackerspace -- and a friend of many other hackerspaces
(see my other workshop at 29c3: https://events.ccc.de/congress/2012/wiki/Hackerspaces_exchange)
My goal is to have one RIPE Atlas probe installed in every hackerspace -- combining work and pleasure.
I also bring probes with me when I am visiting hackerspaces during [[Hackerspaces_tour]]
=== How to apply ===
If you want a RIPE Atlas probe:
* go to access.ripe.net -> create a "user account" (unless you already have one)
* log in - go to atlas.ripe.net/apply
* fill in the details and in "method of delivery" say _ship it to me_
* ... and we'll ship it to you...
* once you plug it in (mark it to be "public")
* please let me know when you have one working, so that i can add it to my list of probes-at-hackerspaces...
=Hackerspaces that have a probe =
===View within the RIPE Atlas===
* It is possible to add a user tag for your RIPE Atlas probe called "hackerspace" -- MetaLab did it!
[[File:Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 22.36.19.png|400px]]
* already distributed or pre-registered for Hackerspaces:
===Map at Hackerspaces.org===
By Nico: at hackerspaces.org wiki
Instructions: you can add this to a hackerspace by editing it with a form
and select at the bottom the equipment "RIPE Atlas".
===Map by Inigo===
(coming up soon)
=== Workshops at 29c3===
Slides of the talk given at 1st & 2nd workshop:
===Goodies for in the bag===
===Goodies in the bag===
=What is RIPE Atlas=
RIPE Atlas https://atlas.ripe.net is a measurements network consisting of 3000+ HW probes that send pings, traceroutes, DNS queries etc either to fixed targets (root name servers) or do customized measurements by the people who are hosting the probes. Data is made available to everyone, in form of maps and raw data.
==why should you want a probe==
Probe hosts can get more details about their own measurements, earn "credits" for volunteering their bandwidth & electricity, and spend credits on customized measurements.
Video by Unicorn from RaumZeitLabor (in German!)
==News and features==
* Source code published! May 2013!
* (2015) Hackathons!!
* (2015) Webinar recording - Advanced topics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ6FTWPrS9o
* (2015) Wikipedia page
* (2015) IPJ Article!
* (2015) CLI toolset!! https://github.com/RIPE-NCC/ripe-atlas-tools
[[File:Screen Shot 2014-12-19 at 12.51.36.png|right|300px]]
December 2012: TechInc opening party: http://wiki.techinc.nl/index.php/OOH
January 2013: Revspace Opening Party: https://revspace.nl/2.0_release_party
May 2013: Randomdata workshop - coming up!
August 2013: OHM2013: http://www.ripe.net/internet-coordination/press-centre/publications/presentations/2013/atlas-at-hackerspaces/at_download/download
September 2013: BalCCon
* December 2014
** Lighting talk at 31c3 -- Announcing Dataviz Hackathon [[:File:31c3-ripe-atlas-hackathon.pdf]]
** 31c3 - Sunday morning - Day 2 - RIPE Atlas community meetup https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Session:Morning_Tea_with_RIPE_NCC // [[:File:31c3-ripe-atlas-day-2.pdf]]
* January 2015: ISOC NYE event: [[:File:isoc-ripe-atlas-hackathon.pdf]]
== TO DO ==
* add map showing which hackerspaces & probes
* distribute more at OHM2013
This is a minor edit
Watch this page