You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: emailconfirmed.
[Note that this is not yet an active pledge drive. This wiki page serves to collect
the initial ideas, cost estimates, etc. which will eventually be needed to proceed
with either a pledge drive or pursuing other types of funding.]
Some activities like woodworking, metalworking, general mechanical work and electronics require
dedicated workbenches instead of simple tables. This page is intended to collect the
various ideas and proposals as to the kinds of workbenches we would like to buy, construct
or otherwise obtain, as well as cost estimates.
We probably will not pursue all of these in one go, so this may generate multiple pledges. The
current proposal (as of 15 Nov, 2012) for how the workbenches could be arranged is:
<gallery widths=300px heights=300px>
=Items needed and cost estimates=
== heavy workbench (for vises, metalworking, woodworking) ==
* Inspiration: [http://www.instructables.com/id/Building-a-real-woodworkers-workbench/ Instructable], [http://gaia.sunn.de/tmp/.hidden/workbench.pdf More inspiration (pdf, 240k)]
== lighter workbench for light mechanical work ==
* (more than one, connectable via latches?)
* Inspiration: [http://www.instructables.com/id/Simple-Workbench/ Instructable]
== electronics workbench ==
* Perhaps the existing tables in the "niche" ( corner 2 of the space) are sufficient?
* If so, the main difficulty is the odd shaped table whose depth varies from 80cm to 100cm, as it isn't flush with the "corner" table.
== dirty room workbench ==
* €50 -- towards heavy workbenches ([[User:Dramaturg|Dramaturg]])
* €?? -- ???
This is a minor edit
Watch this page