The eighteenth edition of LPM Live Performers Meeting is from 18th to 21st May in the spaces of Radion in Amsterdam. LPM 2017 Amsterdam offers the unique opportunity to experience 4 days of audiovisual performances, VJing, workshops, panel discussion, product showcases presented by more then 300 artists, professionals and video passionate from 40 countries presenting over 150 projects who will offer an unrepeatable and unique event.
Program foresees more then 150 activities and aims at exploring different themes through new audiovisual languages, techniques and technologies, i.e. workshops related to Live-Coding, LED mapping and stage design for events, gestural control of music and bodily musical performance; presentations of platforms, tools, locals vjs communities from 5 different continents, a conference on AV Audience Development; video installations related to politics and cultural ensemble, interactive cameras catching and transforming bodies and faces in animated gif, personal and meta data tracing, and many more…
Thanks to the contribution of the European Community, in the latest years the LPM project was brought aboard, to produce many foreign editions as in Xalapa (MX), Minsk (BY), Mexico City (MX), Cape Town (SA), Eindhoven (NL) and Amsterdam (NL) in addition to those held Rome (IT). Since 2004, we hosted more than 4600 artists, 2625 amongst performances, workshops and showcases, recording an overall amount of 72 participant countries and welcome more than 1.500.000 visitors.
Again, this XVIII edition seeks to enhance the practice of live video performance, thanks to a rich and unpredictable program aimed at exploring different themes through new audiovisual languages, techniques and technologies.
The daily schedule will be loaded with many activities: Workshops, Lectures and conferences, Presentations of projects and products, AV Performances, Digital scenography, VJ-DJ Sets.
Vj, artists, designers, professionals and the audience will be involved in the manifold planned activities: from experimental audiovisual performances, architectural mapping shows, and VJ-DJ Sets to workshops, roundtables, and presentations of products and hardware, with a special regard for Free and Open Source projects. Meeting areas devoted to the interaction among the hundreds of participants will be the corollary for the whole duration of the event.
LPM is designed as a place of dialogue, comparison and exchange of ideas and information between artists and fans in the field that are accustomed to meet, communicate and interact mostly in the virtual space of the network. A real meeting place, a space that fulfils an important opportunity for dialogue and exchange, LPM encourages research, experimentation, the encounter between different forms of artistic expression, the interaction of multiple techniques and digital technologies, analog, software and hardware. LPM is an unmissable spectacle during which the audience has the chance to meet the world’s largest selection of artists active in the field of live video performances.
To attend the meeting, participants must register by following the procedures in the “[[participate/">participate</a>” section of the website, by choosing from several subscription options.
In order to give the opportunity to host as much performances as we can receive, the maximum duration of each show is 30 minutes. Registration is open until April 18, 2017.
Through our 13 years of experience, we were able to draw a conceptual map of the trends that have most influenced the creation of live video performances, and the program of this edition reflects and investigates these trends:
- Live Cinema: works performed exclusively live, capable of demonstrating a narrative and experimental approach; projects in continual tension between perceptive experience and performative act.
- Video Mapping: a technique of video-projection that can animate architectural volumes. The effect is spectacular and exciting, it confuses and seduces our perceptions through the dialogue among images and tridimensional surfaces.
- Digital Freedoms: activism and beauty, aesthetic database, data visualisation of public or private data; these forms of artistic expression have been able over time to both inform and activate the consciences of people around the world.
- Visual gender: thanks to the critical tension among gender studies, queer theory and contemporary art, the vision of the body, the sexual identity is disconnected from the stereotype of LGBT and video language becomes an instrument of emancipation of the genre.
- Generative Visual: thanks to an encoding of the active and reactive world around us new digital biospheres offer to the public the experience of complex networks composed of simple sensory-bit binary codes.
- Stereoscopic 3D: stereoscopic vision allows three-dimensional display of standard video content for a complete perceptive immersion. Ad hoc software and technologies are used to manipulate the visual perception of space to create “augmented” worlds.
The Meeting aims to promote transnational movement and exchange of ideas, artworks and artists. All funds recovered by LPM are invested to support innovative research and experimentation in the field of live visuals with the latest technologies. LPM is part of AVNODE, whose objective is to improve and promote the veejaying culture worldwide.
Realised in collaboration with international partners and co-organizers, the project includes a series of previews and promotional events focused on live video to be held inAustria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Turkey and United Kingdom, during the most important European festivals and cultural events.
LPM is part of AVnode | LPM 2015 > 2018, Large Scale Cooperation Project co-funded by the Creative Europe Culture Programme of the European Union between 13 partners from 12 countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Turkey and United Kingdom, aimed to foster and develop live video culture and european AV artists to worldwide audiences with the production of 36 festivals, 3 Meetings, 3 Audience Development Conferences and more then 200 satellite events over 3 years.
LPM is produced and organised by Flyer Communication ([]), Linux Club ([]) and FLxER.net ([]), thanks to the cooperation of important international partners.