Current state (24 Oktober 2012)
Currently we are running the Wifi for the space on an Apple Airport Extreme.
- TechInc24 : b/g/n on 2.4 Ghz
- TechInc5 : n on 5 Ghz
The password is the one that was already told to you :)
The plan is to run the Wifi on an unused EventNOC kit
- Cisco 2811 with NME-AIR-WLC12-K9 controller board
- Four (4) Basestations (AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9)
also needed :
- HP switch between the POE and the Cisco 2811 (already present)
- 4 POE connectors (1 present, 3 to arrive soon)
- Access to the router : connect to the wifi ; ssh gw
- Access to the WLAN config : connect to the wifi ; https://wlc/
- There is a disabled SSID called TechInc-Spacenet configured on the Cisco WLAN controller,
- DrWhax has a techinc admin user and password so that when everything is up and running an effort can be made to configure this specific SSID to connect to an LDAP server for authentication.
- Of course it is always possible if an extra non Cisco base station shows up just for that Spacenet purpose.
Wiring up the space
This is in the capable hands of Justa, Ultratux and Drwhax.