The new and upcoming space in west.
- 1 Address
- 2 Practical Information for VISITING THE SPACE
- 3 Space description
- 4 Current Situation, or nearest we have to that
- 5 How to Get Here
- 6 Regular checks
- 7 Further Reading
- 8 See Also
Louwesweg 1 1066 EA Amsterdam Netherlands
Practical Information for VISITING THE SPACE
We are open many evenings as keyfobs can be requested by all our members. Currently IRC (techinc@OFTC) is the easiest place to see if anyone is planning to open on any particular evening. We also have an open social evening at the space every Wednesday from 7pm.
The current state of the space is visible on our homepage at http://techinc.nl or in our IRC channel.
There is also a SpacePhone (a mobile phone that is always located in the space) that can be reached at: +31 6 57245257 or 'landline' +31 85 201 6320
Please call one of the above numbers when you are out front and require someone to open the door for you.
Electrical power and lights switch system
Many of the lights, power outlets and devices are controlled via a network of switched power outlets. Webinterface: http://powerbar.ti/
More info on the project page: https://wiki.techinc.nl/index.php/Baytech-inc and API: https://github.com/MerlijnWajer/powerbars/blob/master/README
If you are the first to enter or last to leave, use the space status button to mark the space open or closed respectively.
The button is located inside, right behind the door, next to the coat rack. Press it once to open and again once to close. If the leds on the TechInc logo are on, the status is open.
State_of_the_Space Photos from the space and it's progression.
Current Situation, or nearest we have to that
Notes: Since then, the two small rooms to the lower left have been unified into one room.
More info and historical floorplans on ACTA/Floorplan.
- Most of the space has a lowered ceiling, hiding ventilation and other ducts. it's about 1 meter lower than the actual ceiling (2.8m vs 3.8m high). It's made of white/beige tiles of metal, suspended from the ceiling. It stops about a meter? short from the north wall (right on the map).
- The south wall has three doors, giving access to our dirty room, an off-limits door to a building maintenance duct, and -in the west space- a small room with a glass facade which houses our servers.
- The south wall is made of one layer of compacted black stone and a layer of bricks, the north and west walls are standard two layer plasterboards, filled with glass wool isolation material.
- The east wall (bottom on the floorplan), is mainly window, starting about 90~100cm from the floor and stopping about 30cm before the lowered ceiling. The last 30cm are panels, possibly wood, possibly metal.
- The west wall connects to the hallway via our main entrance and used to connect to one of our neighbours, whose extra space we acquired in February 2014. The new situation therefore has a double door width opening to that space, directly in the corner next to the two doors mentioned above.
- The floor has carpet everywhere except in the dirty room which has laminate flooring.
- We have neighbouring spaces on the north wall, the neighbours west have left and we added their space to ours. We have no neighbours behind the south wall.
How to Get Here
- Tramline 2 stops in front of the door (the stop is called "Louwesweg")
- Bus 18 stops in front of the door (at the same "Louwesweg" stop)
- Metroline 50 has a stop 700-800 meters from the space, 'henk sneevlietweg', the stop 'heemstedestraat' also has a station for tramline 2.
You can park in the neighborhood nearby as you can see on Google Maps: http://goo.gl/maps/gwVmC
It's just a few minutes walk from the space, and there are no parking costs.
If somebody finds a better spot, feel free to edit this entry :)
After 19:00 and on Sundays
After 19:00 and on Sundays you can park close to the space at the Aletta Jacobslaan
Where to get in
How to get in
Call our number, it's on the list at the door.
After getting in
Follow the arrows...
Follow the instructions on the door.
Some products and other things needs to be check on regular base. I.e. the fridge, trash and such. See Regular check page.
In other context it may refer to Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement
- ACTA/Closing up
- ACTA/Monthly food and drink order
- ACTA/Tour Of the Space
|What you need to know: Organisation • Rules • Membership • Space • Contact • Donations|