|Skills||Software, Programming, Teaching, Learning, Hacking|
A fixed weekly? time to get together and skillshare on software. There can be a workshop or presentation, and then a general co-hacking space. Hopefully there are others around that can help you when you get stuck.
Were aiming for a weekly meeting, but there may not be enough demand. Its more likely to happen 2+ times a month.
The first software sunday is planned for March 3rd 2013.
- Software Sunday: Linux Workshop (3 March 2013)
- Software Sunday: Linux Music Hacking (7 April 2013)
- Software Sunday: Linux Security (5 May 2013)
- Software Sunday: Linux Workshop III (2 June 2013)
There was a suggestion to alternate basic workshops and advanced ones, to allow beginners to feel at home.
Themes currently planned:
- Web applications
- Programming Languages
Themes suggested by participants at first meeting:
- Selenium, Cucumber
- Android App Development
- Security (and how to run your own server safely?)
- Automation (Puppet, Chef, Fabric, etc.)
- Large-Scale Architectures
- Linux on the Desktop? Alternatives
Specific events will be added to the wiki page once confirmed.
Suggestions for themes
If there is a subject you would want to teach or learn, add it to the list of suggestions below: