Kids Hackday January 2018
|Kids Hackday January 2018|
|Time||10:00 - 17:00|
Kids Hackday January 2018
- Technologia Incognita Hackerspace
- (former) ACTA building, Louwesweg 1, Slotervaart
- How to reach us using ACTA#Public_Transport Public Transport
- Saturday, 27th of January of 2018!
- Start of activities:
- Expected end of activities: 17:00
- Getting to know what the "hackerspace" is
- Creative workshops
- Playing arcade games
- Possibly: Soldering, 3D printing, laser cutting...
- Maybe: VR, making mugs, deconstructing old computers, learning to programme, printing on T-shirts...
- Previously: bristle-bots, sock-puppets, LED-throwies, blinking-solder-kits... ,
- self-made pizza snacks
Parents with kids:
- Vesna & Alisa (14.5) & Charlie (12)
- Jasper & Judith & Jamie & three kids in the age 5 to 8
- Emile & Joep (10)
(Nana, Iris, Lara)
Tessa & two kids in the age 5? to 8?
- bigmac & Doris & Lenneke & Lyanne (15 ) & Branko (11)
- Ewald & Dimitri (8)
- Sandra & Branko with kids Sanja & Milan (12)
- Mark & Tim
- Marko & Hieke & Yuri & Signe
- (very short visit): Sander & Kirsten & their daughter
- Jaya & Uma & Veer
- Thomas & Jadwiga & Krijn & Midas
- Chotee & Isabelle
- AndreasR - bringing Vincent (10) and Kaya (8)
TechInc members support:
Previous & future events: Kids Events
- emile(+ewald?): spaghetti+marshmellow towers
- (this likely won't work, but i'll still try to bring some stuff: something with music. Create your own drum ( from duct-tape + something sturdy and round, maybe we can saw some big pipes / plastic waste ? ) )
- Alisa: Nagels LaKKeN / Nail-polishing (for people older then 4 years; one by one; it takes 10 minutes per person)
- Alisa: Make your own fridge magnet (for people older then 4 years; group of 4; 1 hour)
- Alisa: Making "float the duckie" game (for people older then 4 years; group of 8 max; 1 hour)
- Sandra: Making vase /container out of old newspaper 1-2h ( people > 4 years )
- DrWhax: organisation; music making workshop
- Kirsten & Cristian - scratch workshop
- Jewllery workshop : Webmind
- Stef: happy to assist with order/prepare snacks. (And other stuff if something else needs doing.)
- BecHa: can we there at 10 to help prepare the space; volunteers to open the doors for visitors; will help with promotion before the event...
- Justa: general buildup and guidance at event-time; expect to do some pre-event logistics (shopping, etc), as well as host a (small) workshop
- Maikel: Bring a laptop/Desktop with Dosbox and old school games, like Commander Keen (kiddo friendly games)
- bigmac: my gf Doris + 2 of my kids (Lyanne 15 and Branko 11) will attend and make pizzas
- emile: will likely be there around 10:30, leave 16:00 (depending on Joep (10)). plan is to come by car from Haarlem w Ewald + Dimitri (8)
- Branko: My wife Sandra & I will guide workshop making vase /container from old newspaper ( upcycle ) ,plan is to come by car around 11h .
- 30 Stef = supermarket shopping
- 10 Justa = supermarket shopping
- 20 BigMack = pizza ingredients
- 10 Daan = lasercutter planks
- 22.50 Jurra&Arnd = drinks from/to TechInc
- 15 left from donations, for the next kids workshop
- We need to do the meetup announce a lot earlier next time.
- It may be good to include location for different workshops on the overview.
- Let's try to promote the next kids day towards our friends etc, quite a few people showed cause i told them about it directly.
- marshmellows+spaghetti towers: if we replace marshmellows with something that we can use in a pasta dish, we can recycle the stuff we use by preparing a pasta dish from it.
- music workshop: was quite a cacaphonic event. maybe can make it more structured:
- can bring guitar+amp+effect pedals for kids to experiment with
- jasper mentioned leslie-speakers + some interesting software
- mir mentioned kees has quite some musical devices that might be interesting
- did a question-response on drums with Milan, we could do that in a small group?