ACTA/Tour Of the Space
When giving new people a tour of the space, the following can be considered a good guide to how to go about it:
- brief history of the space
- purpose of the space (allow people to come and do projects)
- How the space is funded
- Space layout
- List some rules of the space (rule 0 is a good one, as are rules 4 and 6 AND 7)
- Membership costs etc
- Where to grab food/drink
- How to open/close
- Powerbars, how do they work(?!)
- Wifi PSK
Then move onto asking about that persons interest
- what are their hobbies/interests
- did they come to the hackspace for any reason in particular?
- are they using proper footwear?
Based on the response, try and point them at the direction of someone who is also interested in that area/topic. Make sure they know that they can approach you again at any time. Coming to a hackspace for the first time can be a daunting experience, doubly so if you don't know anyone.