It has been my dream since year 2000 to have a sailing library - a boat with books - a LibrarianShip!
- 1 Links
- 2 Libraries
- 3 Events
Ship of Fools - Theatre Ship - http://azart.org
Stubnitz - Art/Events Ship - http://ms.stubnitz.com/
Donautics - Art-boats on Danube! - http://donautics.stwst.at/
Nerdboat - https://ti.to/nerdboat/nerdboat-2014
Hackerfleet - https://hackerfleet.org/
Co-create a low-tech catamaran ambassador and take him for a great expedition of experimentation and sharing! http://nomadedesmers.org/
Tres Hombres - FairTransport - http://treshombres-rum.com ; svtreshombres.com
Greenheart - Sustainable cargo shipping - http://greenheartproject.org
Other Greenpeace ships: http://www.greenpeace.org/international/en/about/ships/
Maruska Polakova <email@example.com>
Franz XAVER <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Krien Jozeph <email@example.com>
Giving Books Away
- To Nepal? "a room to read" foundation
- To Serbia?
- To Croatia?
Technology consulting for libraries : http://evenlydistributed.net/
http://librarybox.us -- LibraryBox v2.1: Portable Private Digital Distribution
Downloading content to share in the places with no Internet : for rural communities or refugee camps!
"The Outernet multicast includes the collections of Khan Academy, Wikimedia projects (including Wikipedia), Project Gutenberg, the Open Education Consortium, and much more.
Lighthouse stores the information it receives from Outernet on its internal drive. Teachers and students can connect to the Lighthouse Wi-Fi signal to browse the content.
Lighthouse is like a Wi-Fi router mixed with a hard drive where pieces of the Internet get stored. Teachers can select what content from Outernet gets saved on Lighthouse, so that those pieces are perfect for a classroom setting. Lighthouse can also be connected to an existing school server and Wi-Fi or LAN network.
Share Content Locally -- Add content to Lighthouse and make it available over Lighthouses's Wi-Fi to everyone or to just a few people. Students can turn in homework digitally or a school can add courseware its already using to Lighthouse"
SW for Libraries
- a library software that can federate between different library instances, the vision being that everything in participating hackerspaces can be globally searched and, if the circulation policy of the item allows it, 'returned' at a different space.
- Everygreen ILS , but it doesn't support federation, only a centralized instance for multiple libraries. http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.6/
Libraries and GARDENS
- Libraries & Forests: http://lithub.com/rebecca-solnit-on-a-childhood-of-reading-and-wandering/
- Community Libraries (UK Gov)
- Becha's shelf: http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/BecHa/
- TechInc release point http://www.bookcrossing.com/hunt/10/567/31096/735928 & project Book_Crossing
Dead Tree Lovers
- (list of online libraries) http://hackingwithcare.in/wiki/doku.php/libraries
- Fantasies of the Library https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/fantasies-library
- "Robert Macfarlane: Libraries are time-machines. Libraries are wildwoods. Libraries are galaxies. Libraries are magic portals into learning & dreaming. Libraries are vital for social mobility. 100 libraries have closed in the last year (2017), hitting inner-city children hardest. "
Library / books people
- Marcel Mars
- SHIPPING IN CHANGING CLIMATES: PROVISIONING THE FUTURE http://www.mace.manchester.ac.uk/our-research/centres-institutes/tyndall-manchester/news-events/call-for-abstracts--conference-on-shipping-in-changing-climates-provisioning-the-future-18th-and-19th-june-2014-liverpool-uk.htm
Here is a water monitoring workshop that took place near São Paulo: http://ubalab.org/blog/ensaio-tropixel-1-relato