This page is for the network and server infrastructure for the space.
Current items / TODO:
- Get rid of redudant (and especially: noisy, power hungry) devices.
- Re-enable public ipv6 for all devices.
- Rebuild the virtual machine server as it is very unstable. > Neuromancer 2.0 > Mattronix/AndreasR
- TODO: move uplink to cleanroom-port which will free up 'uplink1' cable (see below)
- Label Cables
- Replace old 10/100 access switches
- Fix or replace wireless infra (random Drops, cannot promise stability)
- Check Switch config and name all interfaces and vlans
- Fix management IP of the switch in the urban resort rack.
- confirm and fix documentation
- Designate a location for the infra
- Decide and discuss an OS for server operation
decide on a possible Shell server
Space hosted services (Web? Mail? VMS?) Ticket System? or mailing list?
Who is maintaining what?
- Oversee network infrastructure
Cables & Sockets
There are three kinds of ethernet-cabling currently in the space.
The first kind are the ethernet data-bars provided by Urban Resort to facilitate providing each space in the building with an uplink for internet of some sort. In our space these can be found in the solder-area (below the window there), as well as one set of two ports in the 'dirty room' and a similar set in the 'dirty room'. Currently our uplink to UR-infra comes from a port in the cleanroom. The ports in the soldering area are patched into our switch at Urban Resort.
The second kind of cabling is the 'permanent' cabling as provided by ourselves that run from/to the clean-room and provide ethernet connectivity to different ports/devices in the space. The short-term goal is to have these cables all terminate on a patch-bay in the clean-room and dual-RJ45 ports on the walls or other places. All cables are to have the same label on both ends of the cable.
An inventory of currently provided ports is below:
|port 1||First port of two in the wall behind the presentation desk|
|port 2||Second port of two in the wall behind the presentation desk|
|door1||First of two cables that run to the corner of the ceiling at the door|
|door2||second of two cables that run to the corner of the ceiling at the door|
|middle1||First of two cables that run to the center of the space; above the ceiling just behind the beamer; runs to solder-space switch for now; planned for power-bar infra later|
|middle2||second of two cables that run to the center of the space; above the ceiling just behind the beamer; has AP connected|
|table||runs to wall next to the arcade; reserved for connecting the table with ethernet|
|arcade||runs to the wall next to the arcade; reserved for connecting the arcade machine with ethernet|
|uplink1||Cable running from soldering area to cleanroom, please use with care to prevent broadcast-storms.|
The third kind of ethernet-cabling is the cabling found in the space, drawn from local switches on tables or walls to devices found in the space. Currently there is no overview of these devices or the amount of switches/there. It might be good to make a distinction between 'permanent infra' switches and 'user-purpose' switches later.
- Nyancat is the main router.
- There is now a TP-Link WDR4300 connected directly to the switch, with three SSIDs:
* TechInc and Spacenet. [Legacy and public, unfiltered IPv6] * TechInc-zandbak Legacy (and soon: firewalled IPv6)
List of services, each with a small guide/article on how to use / tweak it said service:
- physical infra (cables/ports/etc) can be inquired about Justa
- Remove pulseaudio sink on indicio. PULSE_SERVER=indicio.ti mplayer <foo> (Questions ask Wizzup)
- Indicio, MPD Server, managed by Wizzup & others