Open Data AI Climate Justice Calendar
|Open Data AI Climate Justice Calendar|
As a part of "Open Data for AI" by Open Knowledge Foundation , we are organizing collaborative meetup / hackathon / discussion about: curating and creating shared calendar of Climate Justice events.
- 1 Info
- 2 Projected
- 3 OpenMeetup.org
- 4 Possible Grants
- Date: Monday, 6 March 2023
- Time: 18:00 - 21:00
- Place: Technologia Incognita hackerspace, Amsterdam (Louwesweg 1)
Background story: at the DRxCJ workshop in Berlin in November 2022, "we" realised that a shared calendar of events would help us to facilitate cooperation between movements & organisations -- we could learn from each other, exchange experiences, and meet more often.
This is not an easy problem to solve, because...
- coordinating humans is a hard job
- "search" technology is a multibillion $ business...
- multiplication of standards -> https://xkcd.com/927/
- Not-invented-here factor
Existing calendars : global
- ripe.net/events (& https://www.ripe.net/participate/meetings/calendar) - nsrc.net/calendar (Education Outreach and Training (EOT) Calendar for Internet Development) - pch.net/calendar (Calendar of Internet Governance Meetings in 2023) - https://radar.squat.net - https://events.rebellion.global - https://foss.events/ - https://gettogether.community -
- https://amsterdamalternative.nl/agenda - https://amsterdam.jekuntmeer.nl/sociale-kaart?s-kaart=1&s-answer%5B7%5D=0&s-search=satirius&admin-limit= - https://buurtgroen020.nl - https://extinctionrebellion.nl/events/page/2/ - https://mobilize.berlin/
- funded by ethical sources (to be agreed later on what does that mean) - FLOSS Free/Libre Software, Open Source (not proprietary) * that means other groups can also use this software! - Open Data * there's no need to log in or have an account to read the calendar - global - federated! * information is added once, then automatically shared with multiple other calendars * hosted on multiple "instances" (like Mastodon) - searchable - sortable - open for contributions AND moderated - easy to "parse" / export by API / RSS / (nnn?) - show past events - add review? - show all this on the (OpenStreet) map - find a way to ensure maintenance in the future - if possible: extend existing software, instead of "reinventing the wheel" - nice to have: export to ISC calendar entries - nice to have: subscribe to it by mailing list (for specific categories / tags) - --nice to have: hosted on a memorable (short) URL => - isoc.org? apc.net?--
Open Data Sources
- radar.squat.net - ccc events - meetup.org - eventbrite - Wikipedia - personal collections , e.g. https://wiki.techinc.nl/User:Becha/events2023 - https://climatecultures.net/get-involved/receive-updates/ - https://www.digitalrights.community/events
- https://framagit.org/framasoft/mobilizon - LibrEvents https://libr.events/ - https://libr.events/mobilizon-poster/ - https://github.com/GetTogetherComm/GetTogether - FRAB?
- https://info.graz.social/projects/ Event Federation Plugin for WordPress , funded by NLNETLABS
- ActivityPub for Interoperable Messaging (ietf draft) https://bifurcation.github.io/mimi-aim/draft-barnes-mimi-aim.html
- wikipedia - Fediverse? - https://joinmobilizon.org/en/
- DRxCJ mailing list;
- E-impact list
- Shane (canceled)
- Lwenn (canceled)
- What needs to be done:
- Project management
- Who should do it:
- Programming: Developer(s)
- Fund-raising: Admin person
- Project management: Admin person
- Phases: How long: How much money (estimate)
- Fund-raising / 3 months / 1000 € per month (or part-time pro-rata) AND percentage!
- Project management / 6 months , part time / 1000 € per month
- Programming / 3 months / 3000 € per month
- Maintenance: 1000 per month = 12000 per year!
- Total : 30000 € to start with; plus 12000 every year
- Request offers from potential contractors & ask them about "ethical funding"
- Amsterdam Alternative (Theo)
- sr.ht (Drew / Vesna)
- nsrc (Sebastian & Philip / Vesna)
- LibreEvents (Vecna / Vesna)
- DRxCJ mailing list (Vesna)
- hackathon at IETF Prage (Vesna)
- unknown: radar, mobilizone, PCH...
- Possible places/people to ask for funds: Jane, Fiona, CPF,
- hackathon: 8.8. -> October 2023 https://nylas.devpost.com/?utm_source=devpost&utm_medium=alert&utm_campaign=20230804_allinterest
Projected event budget
- contribution for the rent of space: 100€
- cleaning fee: 60€
- food & drinks : 50-90€ (depends on # people)
- transport reimbursement for people traveling to Amsterdam: 30-120€
- hosting of the calendar data for a year: 12*5€ = 60€
- t-shirts: 100€
- Total ~~440€
- contribution for the rent of space: 50€
- cleaning fee: 30€
- food & drinks : 20€
- Total= 100€
Goal: Federated Events Calendar
- Signal Group after NotACamp TBD: https://cryptpad.fr/code/#/2/code/edit/2ky-MS-kYiGm26dHUjm1derA/