International Women Day 2013
|International Women Day 2013|
Second edition of (Mostly) Ladies Night,
Symbolically on International Womens Day!
- Date: 8 March 2013
- Time: 19:00 - midnight
- Place: Technologia Incognita, Amsterdam Hackerspace, ACTA Broedplaats, Louwesweg 1
In the attempt to attract more girls / women to take part in our activities, we want to make an atmosphere that is welcoming for women, who often do not feel comfortable enough in predominantly male company which is typical for hackerspaces - at least till they get to know them!
During this evening we will get to know each other, talk about our projects and exchange experiences and interests, and plan the future events and activiites.
This is an event open both to members and non-members, men are going to be tolerated since we want to be inclusive,
The emphasis is on the *ladies* company net-grrls, ladies and vriendinnen, girls, women, moms, cyber-feminists, female hackers, nerdettes, goddesses.... - to be a majority at least for one evening :)
We will get to know each other, make plans for the future events and projects, and have a nice meal!
- Dinner :)
- Drinks :)
- Brainstorm together in an interactive exercise ;-)
- Follow-up on the ideas from previous meeting
- Start projects together!
- Whoever comes is [sic] the right people
- Whenever it starts is the right time
- Wherever it happens is the right place
- Whatever happens is the only thing that could have
- When it’s over, it’s over
- The law of two feet
- Listed on http://www.internationalwomensday.com/
- Facebook event:
- Viki (confirmed on FB)
- Athina (confirmed on FB) (did not show up)
This is part of the project "Ladies Night" (http://wiki.techinc.nl/index.php/Ladies_Night) , attempt to make the hackerspace more interesting for women, and women interested in the hackerspace activities.
First episode was on 8th February, 2013: https://wiki.techinc.nl/index.php/Hackerspace_Ladies_Night,_Episode_1
We gathered (8), we ate (soup), we drank (wine), we talked, and decided to do it again: 5. April, 7pm.
- There is a electrical cooker / hot plate in the space, no need to bring portable gas-cooker
- We need more equipment, we've put it on the shopping-list: soup-dishes, soup-spoon, wine-bottle-opener & tea-strainers! also fire starters ;-)
5 april, Friday evening again: http://wiki.techinc.nl/index.php/Ladies_Night_III