Alternative Space Committee
- 1 Committee Goals
- 2 Committee members
- 3 Alternative space requirements
- 4 Interesting places
- 5 Not yet called
- 6 Called but not so interesting places
- 7 We visited, but no longer an option.
- 8 Didn't call, looked at only
- 9 Related pages
- Find better alternatives to the proposed new ACTA space
- Give input to the Space Negotiating Committee that has to settle the final price with UR.
(at the 2013-06-29 ALV meeting, others are of course free to join)
Alternative space requirements
- Must: 200 to 300m²
- Must: max €2300 month all inclusive (rent+electricity+internet+gas). €138 to €92/m²/year.
- Must: Good public transport connections
- Must: Allow for what we do in the space (light industrial)
- Must: 24/7 access by 70 to 200 members.
- Must: Accessible by car for loading/unloading
- Must: Scaled rent (depends on rent)
- Nice: Central/easy to find location.
- Nice: Ground floor access for wheelchairs and heavy equipment
- Nice: Parking spaces available.
- Nice: High building with access to roof for wireless links.
Cruquiusweg 96 B
http://www.fundainbusiness.nl/bedrijfshal/amsterdam/object-48625958-cruquiusweg-96-b/omschrijving/ EUR1500 for 230m² in Oost (2 floors). Clearly negotiable as well. Parking 2 places in front of the space (free parking on the street). Bedrijfsgebouw, so light industrial is possible. No-service costs except for usage of light/gas/electricity Place has no heating, tenant will need to install it.
The layout of the space: File:plattegrond.pdf
Here's the current offer:
- Price (Huurprijs): € 1.250,- pm excl. BTW (That's €1512,50 including VAT)
- Start date: To be agreed, but can be soon (Ingangsdatum: in overleg maar kan spoedig)
- Term of rent: 1 + 1 (Huurtermijn: 1 + 1... what is this?)
- Term of cancellation: 3 months (Opzegtermijn: 3 maanden)
- Guarantee: 3 months rent (Garantstelling: 3 maanden huur)
Don't expect to be able to get the monthly price down more then this. Other aspects might.
At this location 100/100Mb/s Internet can be had for under €60/Month via Xs4all.nl ( http://www.internetten.nl/internet/vergelijking/1019AJ/96 )
Not yet called
300m2 voor 65 per/m2/year http://www.fundainbusiness.nl/bedrijfshal/amsterdam/object-47403838-valschermkade-16/omschrijving/
174m² voor €1100 http://www.debedrijfsmakelaar.nl/Bedrijfsruimte_huren/Amsterdam/Bedrijfshal,_Amsterdam____---267625/
Called but not so interesting places
EUR2178 for 350m2 in Osdorp (75 EUR/year/m2) Not available, is going to be redeveloped. Talking to the agent, there is a similar space available nearby. However, this is "office-office space" so not for light industrial use. As the guy said: "you need a ground floor".
http://www.fundainbusiness.nl/kantoor/amsterdam/object-4427083-kropaarstraat-1/ Only small 40m2 places. Not for us.
http://www.fundainbusiness.nl/bedrijfshal/amsterdam/object-48730539-veemarkt-92-94/ In Oost. Pure "Casco". No Kitchen, no heating. Own entrance. Would need a "parkeervergunning" to be there. Agent was unsure what the price was. estimated it to be €200 for 6 months.
The 125m2 per year price was non-negociatable, this makes it quite expensive, compared to #Cruquiusweg 96 B, which is quite close by, go figure.
We visited, but no longer an option.
EUR2.500 for 300m2 in Kinkerbuurt (100 EUR/year/m2) THe property is going to be modernized by owner in a time. So contracts can only be given for 2 years. And then another 1 or 2 year contract (no long-term stuff). Also because of this Maintenance is rudimentary On top of the space there are 4 normal apartments The price 2500 is "vraagprijs" and clearly negotiable. The Zoning law ("bestemingsplan") is "bedrijfsruimte" which includes light industrial / workspace. We can visit it by making an appointment with Van Maarschalkerwaart Makelaardij ( 020-5721111 ).
A *Visit* : Thursday 18/7 at 17:30
Conclusion: Too big, too costly and run down. The lease was short-term only and not really worth investing in. Which is what the owner and previous tenants also concluded, explaining the state of the place.
Didn't call, looked at only
Rozenstraat 43 H
http://www.fundainbusiness.nl/bedrijfshal/amsterdam/object-48770077-rozenstraat-43-h/ - Super central alternative, but with 127m2, too small - Wont call.
http://www.fundainbusiness.nl/bedrijfshal/amsterdam/object-48791243-limmerick-40/ - Nice price but confused the location. it's too far. Didn't bother to call.
A http://www.fundainbusiness.nl/bedrijfshal/amsterdam/object-47397661-nieuwpoortkade-2-a/ - Only small places. Not for us.
(lets try to keep it DRY)