ALV December 2020/Financial report 2019 candidate
THIS IS A PROVISIONAL REPORT AND NOT APPROVED YET BY THE KAS COMMISSIE
Financial Report 2019
This is the financial report of Vereniging Technologia Incognita for 2019.
At the start and end of the year, our bank accounts held the following amounts:
|ABN AMRO (membership)||€10453.49||€9092.53||€-1360.96|
|ABN AMRO (savings)||€583.04||€583.04||€0.00|
|Owed member contributions||€0.00||Expendable assets (Besteedbaar vermogen)||€11586.02||€9417.21|
|Outstanding Triodos deposits||€139,00|
|Ahead of time paid rent||€0.00||€0.00|
|Liquid assets||Short term debt|
|Checking||€10453.49||€9092.53||Credits in drinks||€0.00||€73.86|
|Rent Deposit (previously called Collateral)||€2802.21||€2802.21||3d-printer-pledge||€0.00||€340.00|
The loss of €1186.28 can be attributed to us paying more in rent than we received in member income. Some of this could be offset by putting a number on the "Owed member contributions", which is currently set to zero, since it is currently hard to get an accurate representation of how much money the members owed us at the time - the number is easier to calculate for the current day, but harder going back. For the 2020 report, we would have an estimate for a write-off for the past, and the 2021 report would have accurate numbers. If one adds €139.00 to that number, we get the €1325.28, which is the difference between our bank accounts at start and end of the year.
The difference between our equity at the start and end of the year, minus the €1186.28 and €139.00 is €843.52, which is the sum of the difference in the Short term debt section. So because we have a larger AOT member payment, a credit in drinks, more fob deposits and a 3d printer pledge that (at the end of the year) had to be paid, our equity decrease more than just the difference in our bank accounts.
The collateral of €2802.21 is the deposit that the association has paid to our landlord.
The €73.86 in "Credits in drinks" are receipts that had been provided to us but had not yet been paid to the person in question in 2019; this has since been rectified.
The €139.00 in "Outstanding Triodos deposits" is an amount that we expected to have had deposited into our account, but has not actually been deposited. In total 264 euro does not seem to fully match specific deposits, but on the other hand 125 euro has been deposited that also does not match any specific deposit requests. So we are stating 139 euro as "unaccounted" for. It is also possible that this number simply exists because of typo in the emails that were sent (and are the only trace of) counting the money from the safe.
The €1818.00 is based on the people that were a member at the end of the year and had a fob.
The €1632.00 is the amount of money that was paid in advance by members, that is, membership for 2020 that was paid ahead of time. This number is a rough estimate, based on what we expect members to pay.
AOT (ahead-of-time) rent refers to rent payments made by the association in year X for year X+1. We did not do this in 2019, but for consistency with previous reports in years where this was done, we include the entry here.
We discovered 65 euro worth of drinks payment transfered to the association account, rather than the drinks account.
Total income over 2019 was €21606.84, comprised of the following income categories:
|Category||Paid into ABN||Paid into Triodos||Total|
Total expenses over 2019 add up to €-22932.12, comprised of the following expense categories:
|Category||Paid from ABN||Paid from Triodos||Total|
The difference of our income and our expenses gives the amount we gained or lost for the year. In the case of 2019, we lost €1325.28.
- The board used a €0.01 transaction to seek communication with a member who didn't have a form
- samla_purchase are IKEA purchases for SAMLA plastic organizers (and some ziploc bags)
- storage_organizers_purchase is a purchase of plastic boxes for storage and transport of electronic waste (WEEE)
- fee are our banking costs of ABN-AMRO and Triodos
- fob_purchase is when members buy fobs from the space
- new_fob_purchase is when the space buys fobs from our landlord
- fob_return is when we repay members when they return their fobs
- service_costs_returned represents a refund from our landlord for the service costs (included in our rent) that were overestimated and that we therefore overpaid
- squares_purchase was a purchase of try-squares (winkelhaken), a measuring tool for the dirty room
- knoxbox_purchase was a purchase of a safe
- ecotools_purchase was a purchase of torx 10 bit and a magnetic bitholder
Data integrity checks
All the following values should be equal:
- Our reported loss of €1325.28, expressed with the appropriate sign: €-1325.28
- The sum of the balance changes over all accounts: €-1360.96 + €0.00 + €35.68 == €-1325.28
- The difference of our income and our expenses: €21606.84 + €-22932.12 == €-1325.28
- The difference between activa at the end of the year and activa at the beginning of the year, with the "outstanding triodos deposits" subtracted out (as they are "virtual" and not liquid): €13281.07 - €14467.35 - €139.00 == €-1325.28
- The difference between passiva at the end of the year and passiva at the beginning of the year, with the "outstanding triodos deposits" subtracted out (as they are "virtual" and not liquid): €13281.07 - €14467.35 - €139.00 == €-1325.28
In 2019, 24 new members joined. Before 2020, board tooling did not track the date that former members deactivate their membership, so it's not clear how many people ended their membership in 2019.
Some members pre-pay several months of membership fees at a time. This affects our forecasting, since these payments should not be counted on for monthly income during the period that was pre-paid.
Before 2020, board tooling didn't keep track of expected membership dues per member, so the unit for these numbers is simply "number of months pre-paid" instead of "amount of money pre-paid". However, in the balance we have a good indicator of how much that ends up being.
|Date||Number of months pre-paid as of this date|
Rent was paid 12 times in 2019. There was no ahead-of-time rent payment in 2018 nor was there any pre-payment for 2020.
|Rent month||Amount||Paid date|
Due to a banking glitch at ABN Amro,, rent was paid twice on 2019-01-02. This was discovered in 2019-05 when the 2019-06 rent was being paid. The treasurer requested for the duplicate payment to be applied to rent for 2019-06, which Urban Resort (our landlord) did. We paid rent twice in September as we forgot to pay rent in August.
Category breakdown by month